Friday, June 11, 2010

Get Outta Town!

Ugh. It's been one of those weeks. A week filled with work and obligations and distractions. A week that demands that you sneak in a little reading in between sleeping and working and appointments and disappointing social engagements. The sort of week, even, that wears you down a bit because even when you have the time to sit and read or write a book review or whatever, you find that you you don't quite have the energy and your foggy mind precludes you from reading intelligently or writing anything of worth, so you just go to bed and get up and go to work again. Have you had this week? (Have you seen this week? $500 reward for the capture and permanent removal of this week! And yes, I'd offer a better reward if I had it....)

Nonetheless, it's been quiet around here this week, and it's going to stay quiet for a little longer because...I'm getting outta town!

That's right. I'm getting out of here, and I'm taking this....



and perhaps this....



and maybe even this (the summer fiction issue - YAY!)...



and possibly even some other things that have pages to turn.

I'm not taking my TV, my dog, my computer, my phone, or most of the people I know. I'm going to enjoy a weekend of reading without all the distractions and diversions that come with living life as a grown-up now. I'm going to relax and really read until next week comes to call.

See ya Sunday. If I come back.... ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Sounds heavenly! I hope you have a marvelous time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that just sounds wonderful. I'd love a long weekend, away in the country somewhere, with trails, rivers, and uninterrupted reading time. Ahhhhh....I'm so jealous! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a gazillion of those weeks! Ugh. I hope you have a great trip and find time for reading all those great books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy! I've been savoring the Summer fiction issue too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a week like that last week. Hope you have a great time!

    --Anna

    ReplyDelete