Saturday, April 9, 2011

Read-a-thon Hour 6 Update


Reading Now: Sparrow Road by Sheila O'Connor

It's been __88__ pages and __112__ reading minutes since my last update.

Total Time Spent Reading: 3 hours 21 minutes

Cumulative Pages Read: 174

Books Completed: 1 - Blind Faith by Ellen Wittlinger

Eating?: Peanut butter wafers, potato chips, and another glass of orange juice


Sparrow Road is killing me, for real. It's a story that takes place during the summer in the country, and it's making me crazy because now I want it to be warm and beautiful outside even more, and, uh, it's not. Not even warm enough to read outside. *sigh*

It's definitely the sort of book I would have loved as a kid (and maybe as an adult too). Full of magic and mystery and beauty and big old houses and bright characters and getting in touch with your imagination. I'm excited to see where it goes!

Time for more cheering and getting dressed and then it's back to the books. Hope you're having a good Readathon so far!

5 comments:

  1. You're doing great! I love your advise to just have fun and not be competitive. Once you start looking at how everyone else is doing it's tempting to go down that path, but it really would take the fun out of it. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book sounds awesome. I just added it to my TBR list. I'm sorry it isn't warm out where you are. But on the plus side, you do have potato chips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for finishing your book!! I'm hoping to finish mine within a few hours.

    Sounds like we need to trade places. It's too hot for me to read outside. :-/ Annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it's not warm there - we've got our air conditioner on. Glad your day is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great!



    Grab another book
    off your readathon pile
    All the pages you'll read
    Will surely stretch a mile!
    Go, Readathon!

    ReplyDelete