The Broke and the Bookish are asking about all those completed series that we need to go back and finish reading. Here are mine...
2. The Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren DeStefano - I loved Wither so much that I snapped up the other two books in the series as they came out, but I still have yet to actually read them. I'm pretty eager to get back to this series, but I think I'll be starting over again at the beginning to refresh my memory.
3. Matched by Ally Condie - I picked up a copy of Matched at my very first BEA, and loved it. Then I waited a year for the next book and never picked the series back up again. I have all the books at my disposal now, so it's about time I got back to this one.
4. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr - I loved Melissa Marr's faerie world when I originally read Wicked Lovely. Now I finally have the rest of the books in the series. Time for a binge read!
5. Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne - I'm loving this series about a bunch of kids fighting to survive the apocalypse in a department store. This is one series I can guarantee I'll be finishing, and soon!
6. Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready - Okay, I read Shade a good few summers ago, and I didn't love it, but I think I was falling out of love with paranormal YA after a summer over-saturated with it. I think this is a series I might want to get back to and finish after all.
7. The Gemma Doyle series by Libba Bray - I devoured A Great and Terrible Beauty one Memorial Day weekend when I was hideously sick, and I loved it so much. Boarding school and magic, always a winning combo, right? I finally managed to amass the other two books, so it's long past time to get back to this one.
8. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer - I read the first Twilight book before having done so practically instantly made you an object of ridicule. I have the box set on my shelves. Should I finish? Or is this so five minutes ago? LOL
9. Penryn and the End of Days by Susan Ee - I was so addicted to the first book of this series about a world overtaken by evil angels that I remember sitting in my car in the grocery store parking lot to finish it instead of putting it down to go do my shopping. All three books are loaded on my Kindle now. Can't wait to find out the rest of the story!
10. The Last Survivors by Susan Beth Pfeffer - I looooooved Life As We Knew It and its impressively realistic view of the start of the apocalypse. Despite what appears to be widespread disappointment with the other three books in the series, I can't help wanting to return to Pfeffer's world where the moon got a little too close and wreaked havoc over the earth.
What series do you need to finish? Would you encourage me to finish (or not finish) any of the series' above?
I can't remember the last series I did finish so my list would be endless.ReplyDelete
Penryn and the End of Days is such a good series. I really loved all three books. It's such an interesting world and story!ReplyDelete
LOL -- I hated WITHER, but loved THE KNIFE OF NEVER LETTING GO (and its sequels). You should definitely finish the Chaos Walking series! It's so different and awesome. I really liked LIFE AS WE KNEW IT, too, as well as all of its sequels but the last, which was a big ole disappointment to me. As for TWILIGHT, I haven't finished it either, although I only have the final book to go. Probably won't ever do it, but who knows?ReplyDelete
I definitely encourage you to continue the Gemma Doyle series! Those books are one of the most well written and interesting ones I've ever read. I think you should definitely finish the Twilight Saga if you're interested. Who cares what others think? :PReplyDelete
I'd really like to read some of Ally's book, starting with the Matched trilogy. Perhaps I'll get to them sooner rather than later. Time will tell. Great list - and thank you so much for visiting Dreaming Under the Same Moon. :)ReplyDelete
We share Twilight - I'm not planning to finish it lol My TTTReplyDelete
This is a great list, Megan. I was one of the ones who loved The Chaos Walking Triology, but there have been other series I feel the same way you do about that one. I didn't list one of them in particular because I am not sure I ever will finish the series. I kind of want to, but we'll see.ReplyDelete
Finish Twilight only if you really liked the first book. Honestly, I don't know if I would have been able to read the series after hearing all the criticism against it.
I haven't read any of the other series you mention, but they all sound good!
I made it through Matched, but found that it didn't quite live up to the potential I thought it had. Don't get me wrong, it is interesting and worth reading, just not amazing.ReplyDelete
Jumping on the Chaos Walking fanbus. Read it, read it! The good thing is the series is all done - you don't have to wait for the next book! :)ReplyDelete
You just reminded me iIve been meaning to read A Great and Terrible Beauty for forever.ReplyDelete
Chaos Walking is one of the few series I actually have finished! I'm great at starting series, but suck at finishing them. And like you, even if I frickin' love a series, I still find myself not finishing it. *le sigh*ReplyDelete