The Broke and the Bookish are asking about all those completed series that we need to go back and finish reading. Here are mine...
2. The Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren DeStefano - I loved Wither so much that I snapped up the other two books in the series as they came out, but I still have yet to actually read them. I'm pretty eager to get back to this series, but I think I'll be starting over again at the beginning to refresh my memory.
3. Matched by Ally Condie - I picked up a copy of Matched at my very first BEA, and loved it. Then I waited a year for the next book and never picked the series back up again. I have all the books at my disposal now, so it's about time I got back to this one.
4. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr - I loved Melissa Marr's faerie world when I originally read Wicked Lovely. Now I finally have the rest of the books in the series. Time for a binge read!
5. Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne - I'm loving this series about a bunch of kids fighting to survive the apocalypse in a department store. This is one series I can guarantee I'll be finishing, and soon!
6. Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready - Okay, I read Shade a good few summers ago, and I didn't love it, but I think I was falling out of love with paranormal YA after a summer over-saturated with it. I think this is a series I might want to get back to and finish after all.
7. The Gemma Doyle series by Libba Bray - I devoured A Great and Terrible Beauty one Memorial Day weekend when I was hideously sick, and I loved it so much. Boarding school and magic, always a winning combo, right? I finally managed to amass the other two books, so it's long past time to get back to this one.
8. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer - I read the first Twilight book before having done so practically instantly made you an object of ridicule. I have the box set on my shelves. Should I finish? Or is this so five minutes ago? LOL
9. Penryn and the End of Days by Susan Ee - I was so addicted to the first book of this series about a world overtaken by evil angels that I remember sitting in my car in the grocery store parking lot to finish it instead of putting it down to go do my shopping. All three books are loaded on my Kindle now. Can't wait to find out the rest of the story!
10. The Last Survivors by Susan Beth Pfeffer - I looooooved Life As We Knew It and its impressively realistic view of the start of the apocalypse. Despite what appears to be widespread disappointment with the other three books in the series, I can't help wanting to return to Pfeffer's world where the moon got a little too close and wreaked havoc over the earth.
What series do you need to finish? Would you encourage me to finish (or not finish) any of the series' above?