Monday, August 25, 2014

Bout of Books: Wrap-Up

Bout of Books

Wow, in terms of blogging, I had a lousy Bout of Books.  I wrote my sign-up/un-goals post and then disappeared from the blogosphere utterly.  The good news is, that's because I was actually reading.  I did a little better than I somewhat negatively predicted and read two books instead of a a mere one and I half.  I read...

Last Night at the Blue Angel by Rebecca Rotert (325 pages)

and (finally!)

Divergent by Veronica Roth  (487 pages)

That's a total of 812 pages or roughly 2 and a half times what I would read in a normal week.  Not too shabby.  Plus, both books I read were excellent, fast-reading readathon picks and all-around excellent books.


 My mom (Bonnie!) who participated along with me read all 5 books she set out to read.  They are...

The Giver by Lois Lowry (180 pages)
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson (163 pages)
The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan (211 pages)
Dear Zoe by Philip Beard (196 pages)
How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff (194 pages)

...for a total of 944 pages.  She enjoyed all five, but Bridge to Terabithia was her favorite.


All this reading has been fun, but now I have to get back to this blogging thing.  How come I can't do all these things at once??          

1 comment:

  1. You and your mom are awesome!! I was wondering if you were reading last week. :-) I swear, blogging can get in the way of reading.

    ReplyDelete