Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Come In and Cover Me



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



I was such a huge fan of The Well and the Mine that I was super-excited to see a forthcoming novel from Gin Phillips!

Come In and Cover Me by Gin Phillips
Riverhead, January 12, 2012

Synopsis:

When Ren was only twelve years old, she lost her older brother, Scott, to a car accident. Since then, Scott has been a presence in her life, appearing with a snatch of a song or a reflection in the moonlight. Now, twenty-five years later, her talent for connecting with the ghosts around her has made her especially sensitive as an archaeologist. More than just understanding the bare outline of how our ancestors lived, Ren is dedicated to re-creating lives and stories, to breathing life into those who occupied this world long before us. On the cusp of the most important discovery of her career, it is ghosts who are guiding her way. But what do two long-dead Mimbres women have to tell Ren about herself? And what message do they have about her developing relationship with a fellow archaeologist, the first man to really know her since her brother's death? Come In and Cover Me is the moving story of a woman learning to let go of the past in order to move forward with her own future.

Written with the same warmth and depth of feeling that drew readers to The Well and the Mine, Phillips's debut, Come In and Cover Me is a haunting and engrossing new novel.

What are you "waiting on" this Wednesday?

6 comments:

  1. This sounds a little different from what I usually read...but good! I might give it a try!
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this author before, the book sounds interesting!

    Our WOW pick is at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely find! I've been wanting to branch out and this book sounds like it will definitely make my TBR. I love stuff like this!

    I'm a PA girl too (although I'm not there now). YAY for the Keystone state!

    Marissa @ And many to read before I sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one looks great! I've been meaning to read Gin Phillips for years. I'm adding this one to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. This sounds like its going to be one of those books that makes people think. New follower. . Having a giveaway right now.
    Register a Domain

    ReplyDelete