Saturday, January 3, 2009

The 2009 Pub Challenge



This is the 2009 continuation of the one challenge I successfully completed last year, so I'll be trying to go two for two. The challenge is simply to read 9 books published for the first time in 2009, 5 of which must be fiction, none of which may be YA.

My choices will most likely be taken from this list...

1. The Glister by John Burnside
2. The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister
3. Picking Cotton: Our Memoir of Injustice and Redemption by Jennifer Thompson-Cannino and Ronald Cotton
4. The Well and the Mine by Gin Phillips
5. Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
6. First Comes Love, Then Comes Malaria by Eve Brown-Waite

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to taking part in this one. I will be reading a couple of the books on your list: American Rust and The Believers (if I can find my copy). The others sound good too!

    ReplyDelete