Saturday, April 9, 2011

Read-a-thon Hour 3 Update


Reading Now: Sparrow Road by Sheila O'Connor

It's been __86__ pages and __89__ reading minutes since my last update.

Total Time Spent Reading: 1 hour 29 minutes

Cumulative Pages Read: 86

Books Completed: 1 - Blind Faith by Ellen Wittlinger

Eating?: Bowl of cereal, pack of peanut butter crackers, 1 glass orange juice, 1 glass water


Blind Faith is the book I've been reading all week, so I only had those 86 pages to go when I started the Readathon this morning. I kind of like this starting with a book already in progress. I didn't have to waste time getting over the hump in terms of introductory chapters before you get into the meat of the story. It definitely gave me a boost at the start!

I enjoyed Blind Faith quite a bit. It's a good story about dealing with death, figuring out what to believe, and how to be what the people around you need sometimes. It even had me almost crying a couple times, which is a good thing, but maybe not for the Readathon because almost crying always makes me a little sleepy.

Now for a bit of cheerleading, and then onto the next book! Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. I'm also a big fan of starting the read-a-thon with a book in progress. It makes me feel so accomplished when I finish it relatively quickly!

    ReplyDelete