Saturday, April 9, 2011

Read-a-thon Hour 16 Update


Reading Now: Sparrow Road by Sheila O'Connor

It's been __22__ pages and __30__ reading minutes since my last update.

Total Time Spent Reading: 5 hours 8 minutes

Cumulative Pages Read: 266

Books Completed: 1 - Blind Faith by Ellen Wittlinger

Eating?: Had a burger and some chicken fryz on my way back from the Zumbathon (way to kill a good workout right?)


I arrived back from the Zumbathon with negative energy. If you're considering a mid-Readathon Zumbathon for your next Readathon, may I advise you to think twice?

I decided to take my game to the tub for some cleansing, rejuvenating bathtub reading. Though I didn't get a great deal of reading done tubside, I am mildly rejuvenated, but I'm afraid the end might still be near for me. I'm going to try and dig deep and put away at least the last 60 or so pages of Sparrow Road before I shut the door on this Readathon.

If this ends up being my last update, good luck if you're pushing on through the wee hours of the thon! Drink lots of water and caffeine-y things! Pick mindless books! Turn up the volume on your Tweetdeck alerts so they will jolt you from the occasional stupor! Prop your eyelids open with toothpicks! Okay, some of these ideas are better than others. The bottom line is, though, keep on reading on. You can do it!

Good luck and goodnight (I think?)!

7 comments:

  1. You've done great, Megan! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I don't have much left in me either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, Megan! I hope you were able to power through the end of your book before the night was over. I'm not sure how much longer I'll last either :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an excellent job. Enjoy sleeping! (I might be a little jealous.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan,
    You did a great job. Sorry I didn't pop in before you said 'goodnight/I think.' Good advice in your post to help the rest of us rage on.
    Happy Reading/sleeping,
    Bybee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I just missed you, but it sounds like you've had a great Readathon! I'm starting to get sleepy but would like to last for at least another hour or two. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Read-a-Thon and brave adding in Zumba too! I couldn't do it! Have a great night's sleep knowing you did an awesome job at read-a-thon! Hope to see you next time.

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Overall it sounds like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete