Saturday, October 24, 2009
Are You Ready For Some Reading?
- Big pile of books? ~ $50
- Big pile of tasty junk food? ~ $17
- One sort of functioning computer (plus one "backup")? $1000+
- Reading and blogging only for one whole day? Priceless!
The Read-a-thon has finally arrived. Today's the day when an astonishingly large number of book bloggers read and blog for 24 hours or at least as many of 24 hours as we can manage. I will be updating throughout the day with my progress, so if (horrors!) you are not interested in the Read-a-thon, be aware that this amount of posting from me in one day will not likely be repeated anytime in the near future and bear with me today.
Here's the Hour 1 meme to kick it off...
Where are you reading from today?
3 facts about me …
- I have two dogs (dachshunds) and a cat.
- I spend 40 hours a week being a "rockstar" histology lab assistant at a major nearby hospital. It's okay (nay, expected) if you have no idea what that is, I wouldn't have either until I started working there. ;-)
- I can't seem to keep myself from singing and occasionally dancing whenever a good song comes on the radio wherever I am.
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
16 give or take a few. And believe me, that many will not be necessary.
Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
At this point, my only goal is to have fun. =D
If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time?
I'm a newbie as a reader, so no words of wisdom yet.