Nevertheless, Dewey has managed to sufficiently tempt me with the Man Booker Challenge, which involves reading six books in 2008 that have either won the Booker Prize or have been short or long listed for it. I have about a zillion books that qualify on Mt. TBR, and I only have to commit to 6 books, so I figure I'll be able to manage it - and I'll have knocked some books off said Mt. TBR and have enjoyed some good reading by this time next year. So here it goes with the list...
1. Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally
2. Sacred Hunger by Barry Unsworth
3. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
4. Family Matters by Rohinton Mistry
5. The Hiding Place by Trezza Azzopardi
6. Quarantine by Jim Crace
It goes without saying (said the committment-phobe) that the list is subject to change. These are just the ones that are especially striking my fancy now.