Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I Need More Of

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic with The Broke and the Bookish is a super-easy one for me.  They're only asking for 10 authors I've read only one book from, but need to read more of but I've probably got about a million.   Here's a few authors that I definitely need to read more of, and soon!

1. Simon Van Booy - I thought Everything Beautiful Began After was unique and fantastic.  I've got a copy of The Secret Lives of People in Love awaiting me on my Kindle, and I'm eager to try out some of these short stories that also come highly recommended.

2. John Green -  I know, right?  I've only read The Fault in Our Stars, which was quite fantastic, if heartbreaking.  I enjoyed Green's style, and I'm looking forward to getting to Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns which are both waiting on my TBR pile.

3. Jennifer Donnelly -  I loved A Northern Light, and Jennifer Donnelly happens to have been the very first established author to have commented on my blog away back in the olden days.  I've got both Revolution and The Tea Rose on my shelves, and it's about time I read at least one of them!

4. Meg Rosoff - I loved How I Live Now, but somehow no other books by this author have made their way onto my shelves.  This is a situation that needs to be rectified. 

5. Deirdre Madden - Molly Fox's Birthday was one of my very favorite books last fall.  I felt like it gave me a ton to think about.  Madden is definitely an author whose work I want to explore more, especially with the good things I've heard about her more recent release, Time Present and Time Past.

6. Trish Doller - I spent a lot of my time on the DC Metro during my last vacation-lette devouring Something Like Normal.  Loved it, and I'm so glad I've got Where the Stars Still Shine already waiting for me on my Kindle.

7. Tana French - I hadn't read any of French's Dublin Murder Squad series until I received a review copy of Broken Harbor, which I loved more than I expected to.  Now I'm not sure whether to start back at the beginning or dig right into The Secret Place which landed in my mailbox not too long ago.

8. Alice Hoffman - I read Skylight Confessions a good few years ago and really liked it.  It seems like I've got a million of her other titles on my shelves, but I haven't managed to read another one yet.

9. Patrick Ness - Because I'm the worst at reading series, I read The Knife of Never Letting Go and then never finished the rest of the series.  Now I'll have to start over at the beginning to refresh my memory and get it read for real this time.  Plus, there's plenty of Ness's standalone books that sound great, too.  Here's looking at you, A Monster Calls and More Than This.

10. Lesley Kagen - Whistling in the Dark was one of my favorite reads from this spring.  I'll soon have to tackle Tomorrow River which is waiting patiently on my shelves (among so many other books that are waiting patiently...).

 Who are some authors you're dying to read some more of?

11 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I definitely need to read more John Green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FWIW, I vote going back to the beginning with French; I really want to get caught up on that series too (read the first 2 so far).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read The Fault in Our Stars too!! And I LOVED it. I definitely need to read more John Green!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also read only one book by Jennifer Donnelly - Revolution and it was fantastic. I need to read more from her as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My list for this one would be much longer than ten if I actually made one. LOL Tana French would definitely be on my list. And Simon van Booey.

    I do want to read more by Green, but I've officially read two of his books, so he doesn't qualify. Same with Alice Hoffman. And I've read Patrick Ness's Chaos Walking Trilogy--soo good! I do want to read more by him at some point.

    Jennifer Donnelly is an author I want to try at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have only read one John Green book. I will probably read Looking for Alaska next. I havent heard of the other books but I will check them out.

    Mimi Zane @M&EM Read YA
    mandemread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to read more of Alice Hoffman and Patrick Ness too. The Knife of Never Letting Go was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked How I Live Now too, never thought of searching out any of her other books. And I really want to read the Chaos Walking trilogy, I even own all three but just haven't got around to starting them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A huge YES to Tana French, Lesley Kagen and Patrick Ness. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm amazed you were able to read The Knife of Never Letting Go and not continue to the next one. Whenever I read one of those books, I'm immediately forced to read all of them. They're just so gripping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking for Alaska! I loved that one Fault in our Stars is actually my least favorite (which I still enjoyed). And I so need to read Tana French!

    ReplyDelete